01/08/2011
Posted by:

Hi All,

We have decided to leave to Whitsundays a bit early, the wind has come up and they have been predicting 20 knot SE winds for the next few day so we have headed north, two nights ago we where moored in Nara Inlet at Hook Island had a reasonable night sleep, just a little rolly with the SE winds pushing swell up the inlet. We made the decision around 11am to head north so we sailed out and headed for the Gloucester Passage and our intended anchorage near Monte’s Reef resort and the near by Gloucester Eco Resort. We arrived there around 3pm yesterday afternoon and spent a comfortable night aboard. We headed to the beach after brecky this morning and found that both resorts welcome boaties and look great, Jo and the kids had a look around as we had Casper with us I dog sat out side. We are planning to go back over this arvo and watch the sun set from one of the verandas available. This time the dog will have to stay on the boat. We will possibly leave here tommorow if not Wednsday and head towards Upstart Bay which is around 40 miles northwest of Bowen from there we will continue to Bowling Green bay and then Townsville. We are planning to spend Macs birthday (12th) at Townsville or Magnetic Island.

By for now,

Adam..

Leave a Reply

Comments