Posted by:

Hi All,

We are all safe and well. We are currently anchored safely in-front of Kingfisher Bay Resort on Fraser Island. We are waiting to see what the weather is going to do. There has been a strong wind warning issued for this part of the world for the last few days, and now there is a trough moving slowly south from the mid Qld Coast and may form a weak low pressure system, you guessed it off Fraser Island on Thursday. We will have to wait and see how it all pans out. Only 60 odd Naut Miles to go but mother nature is not making it easy for us. As I am writing this it is still blowing 35+ knots of Double Island Point (just south of the wide bay bar) unfortunately this area is between us and Noosa. Hopefully the weather will settle and we can get across the wide bay bar later in the week and into Noosa on the weekend????? Time will tell. We may have to go to Mooloolaba for a couple of days if the Noosa Bar is not cross-able?? Again time will tell. One thing is for sure after sailing all the way to Lizard Island and back safely I will not be rushing the last 60 miles and risking injuring anyone or the boat!!

The good thing is that the pizza’s are good and the beers are cold at the Sand Bar at Kingfisher Bay and Mac and I have had a few games of pool to pass the time. I have finally found something that I am better at than Mac. Must be my miss-guided youth working at the Benowa Tavern and playing pool after work!!!!!!

See you all soon,



One Response
  1. Sonia says:

    Hi All,
    We’ve got a few excited service users here to find out that Sammy is on his way back!! Will be keeping an eye on your facebook updates to see where you are and maybe catch up with you soon!! Glad to see you’re all safe and well!

    Sonia Hartwig
    L&L Wallace Park

Leave a Reply